Once you attend any HOBY program, either in the U.S. or abroad, you are part of the HOBY alumni network and can participate in many opportunities open to HOBY alumni. These include Leadership for Service, where alumni can earn the Presidential Service Award; Academic All-Stars, where alumni can wear a special cord at graduation; and many other opportunities and special programs available only to HOBY alumni.
Leadership for Service (L4S)
HOBY’s Leadership for Service Program (L4S), a national community service program, was created exclusively for HOBY alumni to:
- Raise the public's awareness of young people as a resource for community problem-solving
- Prepare young people who have attended HOBY to take on meaningful roles in community improvement initiatives
- Develop and foster the capacity of individuals, organizations, and institutions to provide meaningful service and leadership opportunities for youth.
Through L4S, HOBY alumni are encouraged to continue logging all of their community service and volunteer experiences in the years following their participation in a Community Leadership Workshop (CLeW), a State Leadership Seminar, the World Leadership Congress (WLC), and other International HOBY programs. The L4S log can be printed and used as an appendix for college applications, scholarship applications, internship applications, and other opportunities where alumni are asked to demonstrate their lifelong commitment to service.
If you'd like more information about the Leadership for Service Program (L4S) program and how to get started participating in it click below:L4S Alumni Guide (PDF)
For step-by-step instructions on how to use the HOBY website to log your Leadership for Service Program (L4S) hours click below:Instructions for the Website (PDF)
Alumni can begin to log hours here:LOG HOURS
Established to recognize HOBY alumni for their accomplishments in the classroom, HOBY's Academic All-Stars encourages graduating HOBY alumni and volunteers to be recognized for their outstanding academic achievements.
Participants who meet the below requirements will receive a cord to wear at graduation, a personalized certificate, a letter from HOBY's CEO, and their name on the Academic All-Stars page of the HOBY website for one program year. We strongly encourage you to list your HOBY Academic All-Star status on your college applications as well.
Submit your application materials by February 12, 2021. There is a nonrefundable $50.00 registration fee ($40.00 Application Fee + $10.00 Shipping & Handling) that must be included with this application via credit card.
Please carefully review the list below before applying, as information must be verifiable and completed in one sitting:
- Must be in 12th grade or graduating college at the time of application.
- Must have attended or volunteered at an official HOBY program in 2019 or earlier.
- Must have a cumulative weighted 3.5+ GPA on a 4.0 scale. If your school does not use a 4.0 scale, please convert grades accordingly with your counselor. If your school does not weigh GPAs, please use cumulative unweighted GPA.
- We require an uploaded scan of your transcript that includes the following: Your full name, school's name, weighted GPA, and the date. This may be an unofficial transcript.
- Application, transcript, and fee must be submitted online by February 12, 2021. As this is a prestigious opportunity, late submissions will not be permitted.
- If the information on your application meets these requirements and is verifiable, we can consider you a HOBY Academic All-Star!
If you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com
To see a list of this year's HOBY Academic All-Stars click on the button belowACADEMIC ALL-STARS
Other Alumni Opportunities